Are you looking for ways to generate more sales leads for your business?
Many business owners believe that social media can generate enough leads for their company. However, research shows that using different social media platforms alone is not enough in generating qualified leads.
In modern sales and marketing, multi-channel approach, a combination of social media, email,seo, telemarketing and business events or webinars, is considered the most effective way to generate and nurture quality sales leads.
I’m sure you’ve already read articles about multi-channel marketing, if not yet this would be a good reference for you.. In this article, I will discuss on how to increase your sales leads by utilizing business events.
Whether you’re the host or simply an attendee, business events and webinars work well for most business owners when looking for sales leads. Trade shows, conferences and industry events can be considered as one of the best lead generation medium as you’ll get to meet different people including business owners, influential people within your industry and possible prospects. Business events have many benefits for your growing business.
As a host
Webinars, training events, trade shows and conferences can give people a chance to interact with your business and learn more about your products and services. It might start a potential sale that can lead to conversion. It can create a buzz especially when launching a new product or service.
Other benefits include, increase in business referrals which means:.
- You’ll have more warm prospects
- Conversion is faster with referrals because trust is built already established by the referrer
- Assuming you provide good product and services, you’ll surely get more referrals out of these referrals
Related: The Best Event Marketing Game Plan to Present to your Boss
As an attendee
Attendees of business events are targeted which means attending an event creates brand awareness and delivering the right message to the right people. You get to meet people and build relationship with people who works with the same industry.
Other benefits of attending a business event are the following:
- Keeps you updated on what’s new within your industry by gathering information about current and future trends
- Be able to connect with other business owners and influencers within your target market
- Find motivation and inspiration from speakers
- Be able to socialize with people within your industry
Other important benefits of business events in generating and nurturing sales leads include:
- Reaching to different prospects during the event
- Being known within your industry
- Leveraging brand awareness for your business and be able to present your expertise to show the world
- Stimulating a buying atmosphere
- Creating opportunities for you and your partners
- Get and share marketing ideas with other business owners within your industry
- Opening the door to nurture sales leads.
Here are 3 Ways to Follow Up Your Event Attendees for Greater Top of Mind Awareness
Need help in your event marketing campaign? Contact us or dial +65 3159 0902
A neat business suit can make you look perfectly presentable in a business event.
But there’s more to just having good looks by wearing the best business suit ensemble when one is attending an event or trade fair to represent the company – character, professionalism and PR engagement are just a few of the important must-haves in a business event.
Take some tips that can make you represent well your company in a business event:
Set A Goal
MindTools suggests that you must have an objective in coming to the event, otherwise you will be putting all the budget, time and effort to waste for just showing up for nothing.
Your goals may be:
If you have a specific goal in mind, you’ll be able to accomplish one productive out-of-office workday that would benefit the business for the long term.
Related: Looking for Business Events that Singapore Has To Offer? Check Out These Sites!
Research About Other Attendees
Who else is attending the event? From which business industry or community sector are they? What’s this particular person/company’s role in the event? Which social circles are they in?
Research for information and look for answers to the questions above to keep you on guard on profiling target customers during the event.
Data must include:
- the best people among the attendees to speak with
- Sensible topics that would engage your targets in a conversation
- Thoughts on subject matter discussed/presented in the event
Related: Calling Attendees before your Event in Singapore. What’s the Advantage?
Let’s go back to school for awhile…bring a pen, paper or notebook and make sure you have finished your homework and have studied your lessons – that’s just exactly how it should be like when you are planning to attend a business event.
So fill your school, I meant event bag with:
- Memo/gadget to record important notes like contact information
- Collaterals to give out like flyers, brochures and business cards
- And the “knowledge” to share at the same time received in the event and the other attendees
Be aggressive in taking the said actions but remain professional.
Related: 3 Ways to Follow Up Your Event Attendees for Greater Top of Mind Awareness
Network During And Follow Up After The Event
As you speak with target customers in the event, make sure to keep a profile of them and never end a conversation without them having your business card on hand.
Here’s a few little things to note:
- Choose relevant topics to open a conversation
- Ask questions and actively listen to the answers
- Talk to as many co-attendees as you can and exchange sensible of ideas
Keep both a physical and mental database of the most qualified targets you have spoken to and follow-up on them via email or sms to nurture the relationship for future business deals. Learn how Callbox Singapore nurture their leads until they are sales ready.
You may publicize your attendance to a business event if the organizers permit. If so, publicizing the event would merit you and your company with:
- An impression of being cooperative and proactive in business enhancement events
- Becoming more known to other colleagues and to target customers
- Widened market reach and network
Business events happen occasionally, and the chance to represent your company is a privilege to learn more knowledge about the business.
Here’s a few successful event marketing campaigns:
Callbox Packs Webinars for Software Company
Giant Software Company Finds Callbox at the End of Quest for Sustainable Marketing Solution
It’s also a proof of trust on someone who can represent the company and speak of its goals, capabilities, potentials and achievement, and which every second of time and amount of dollar spent for his attendance in the said event would make investment returns.
Read more interesting posts on how to leverage your events in Singapore!
Need singapore event leads? Let us help you. Dial +65 3159.0902
You might also like:
The Timeless Email Marketing Tips in Promoting Industry Events in Singapore
Like Dimsums in Hawker Centers: How To Make Your IT Products Noticeable in Trade Shows