You have an upcoming event and your team focused on building a targeted list. Created invitations with detailed information such as; reason or purpose of the event, date, time and location. Made sure everything is ready and all emails were sent out to your audience.
Two weeks before the event, a few people responded and expressed their interest. For what reason? Probably, some people didn’t receive the email, they ignored it, was sent to their spam mailbox, or they’re just not interested. Who knows exactly the reason why.
Now, there’s only one thing you know. You need to follow up on them all but don’t know where to start. Here’s how to follow up those who failed to respond on your email invites. Utilize all possible ways to touch base with your targeted audience. Following up and focusing on email alone might make people think you’re a spammer and eventually block your email permanently. Try Multi-channel Marketing approach to reach out and keep in touch with your prospects. I’ve listed some tips on what to do after sending out email invitations to your target audience.
#1: Send out “Thank you” or “Welcome” email to those who wishes to attend.
People nowadays sign up for multiple events to gain knowledge and build connections with other business owners. Unless you get in touch with them right away, they might forget they signed up on your list.
TIP: Include a Call to Action button in your email. For example, include links to a calendar invite so people can automatically add themselves to remind them about the event. This gives higher chances that people will attend.
Read next: The Timeless Email Marketing Tips in Promoting Industry Events in Singapore
#2: Follow up on Social Media.
Add them on Facebook or ask them to follow you on Twitter. Also, if there’s a specific hashtag for your event, use it when posting updates about the event as well. This will help additional people to be aware of your event. Following up through social media can help you with your marketing efforts. When posting updates about the event and add links to a blog post in your website for more information about the event.
Read next: 5 Most Effective Ways to Use Social Media Marketing to Promote Your Event
#3: Follow up through a phone call. Make a reminder call at least 2 days before the event.
It’s a great way to stay in touch with your target audience as they might tend to forget about the event because of their busy schedule. This will help increase the number of attendees. Also, in cases wherein people are no longer available, at least you can always schedule them for the next event.
Read next: Calling Attendees before your Event in Singapore. What’s the Advantage?
#4: Utilize TV and Radio ads.
We can’t deny that other people would prefer to see or hear it for them to gain interest than just by reading about it. By using TV and radio ads, you are also updating your audience about the event and making other people aware of it as well. You could find other websites that lets you place your events or let you find events in Singapore.
Try different approaches when following up on your email invites to make people become aware of your event. Different people have different ways to find out what’s going on in their society. By using Multi-channel Marketing approach, you’re targeting different people by letting them aware of your brand and company.
Need help in boosting your events?
Learn more: Singapore Events Telemarketing Process
You might also like:
You’ve successfully organized your event. Congrats! You have spent huge time and money putting all these together, but it doesn’t end when your event ends. It’s just the beginning. Research shows that people attend an average of 5.3 events per quarter, meaning that your event will quickly disappear from their minds if it doesn’t stand out.
To help your event stand out and be top-of-mind, we’ve compiled 3 ways to follow up. But before we go there, we’d like to talk about what you have to do before and during the event.
Before the event
Before the event, email your audience and prepare them for an amazing event ahead. Give them some heads up and peak their curiosity so they will come with excitement and expectations.
You could also send them a short video clip of yourself, thanking them for registering for your event. This way, you’d come across as more personal and hence more memorable.
If you think that’s not enough, you could get them to be more involved by surveying them, either through email or phone. Ask them what would they want you to touch on during your presentation? This way, they would feel more involved in your event, and hence, would be more likely to bring more people.
To remind them of your event, drop them a message 1-2 days before the event starts. Some people just doesn’t seem to remember appointments/events. We’ve met people like that! So by dropping them a reminder, you’ll reduce the drop out rates for your events. I mean, you’ve spent so much time and money advertising for your event, you wouldn’t want them to miss out at the last minute just because they forgot about it.
Related: Calling Attendees before your Event in Singapore. What’s the Advantage?
During the event
During the event, surprise them with a goodie bag. Many event holders make this mistake of giving self-promotional items like corporate and dull notebooks, tons of company’s flyers and brochures. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t print flyers or brochures. Flyers and brochures, when done properly, can be an effective marketing technique, to make people remember you. But many times, flyers and brochures of companies are dull pieces of papers that no one reads!Brochures got to have good design, first and foremost.
What goes into an effective company brochure:
- Basically, you need to treat your company’s brochureas a sales page. A sales page is a page that generates leads for you. How do you do that on a brochure? Most important factor is to show that you understand your customers’ problems. Empathize with your customers. When your customers feel that they know what you’re talking about, they will read more.
- Show your products/services can help solve their problem. Pack your brochure with proofs. Proof makes people trust you, and eventually turn people into customers.
- Give them an offer that’s easy to say yes to. You can’t say a $5000 product/service on a piece of paper. Give them something easy to say yes to. For example, offer a free consultation, offer to subscribe them to your monthly newsletter, offer a free sample of your product and etc.
- Make sure that your brochure is simple, easy to read and has elegant design. Don’t put all the information in, just put relevant info. If it’s too cluttered, people won’t read it. It is important that you make your customers remember you for ONE thing. This is very important. Great companies are remembered for one thing. Google is remembered for their search engine. Nike is remembered for their cool-looking shoes. Yakun is remembered for their coffee. Breadtalk is remembered for their breads.
Related: Like Dimsums in Hawker Centers: How To Make Your IT Products Noticeable in Trade Shows
After the event
After the event, what can you do? Here are the 3 ways:
- Send them a thank you card. Yes, it might be very outdated in this digital age, but thank you cards are personal, and surprise your audience. Surely they will remember you.
- Offer to connect them to one another. Remember that guy that said he’s looking for a supplier? And you met a supplier in your event? Connect them to one another. Both of them will remember you, and most importantly, remember that your event was useful to them.
- Send them notes of the event. People don’t usually take notes. Send them a summary of what the event was about, what you guys learned, etc.Attendees expect relevant, compelling event experiences, content and insights in order to justify time away from the office and the cost to attend so this will be very helpful to them.
After the event, follow up campaigns include thanking attendees, asking for feedback, suggesting additional resources or events, and providing next steps. These are the important steps to do to be able to get the attention of the attendees and create a positive impression towards the event.
Xavier is a marketing partner at ExpressColour. ExpressColour is your go to printing company for brochures, flyers, and the likes. We pride ourselves on being the cheapest and fastest printing company around.
Share your marketing ideas to world. Become of our contributor! Send us your article at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need help in promoting your events in Singapore like seminars, tradeshows, exhibits?
We have alot to help in boosting audience for your events!
Dial +65 6248 5023 or +65 3159 0902.
You might also like:
Calling Attendees before your Event in Singapore. What’s the Advantage?
3 Simple Tips To Hit Trade Shows With A Bang in Singapore!
The Parts of the Best Events Telemarketing Script in Singapore